Old Dominion University students, faculty and staff are welcome to use the OCCS computer labs. You might be asked to present a VALID ODU ID.
- On-campus computer labs are for use by current ODU students, faculty/staff and participants in university-approved activities.
- The VBHEC lab is open to ODU and NSU students (under established guidelines).
- PHEC lab is open to ODU, UVA and Virginia Tech students (under established guidelines).
- Only specified labs should be used for group projects and/or instruction.
- Consultants will assist with software/hardware issues per the ODU HONOR CODE.
- Respect others by being quiet, showing courtesy when sharing resources, and keeping the lab clean by disposing of your trash appropriately.
- Consultants may ask you to move to another station to accommodate those with special needs or software/hardware requirements.
- Workstations left unattended for 15 minutes will automatically log off and become available to other students.
To preserve a pleasant lab environment, the following are not permitted:
- Food or drink. Please keep them in your bag while in the lab.
- Alteration of Lab hardware and/or duplication of Lab software (alteration includes downloading software onto the hard drive).
- Attaching of hardware (laptops, scanners, Pads, etc.) to the university network.
- Viewing or printing of pornographic materials.
- Playing games in the labs during peak time. Priority will be given to course related work.
- Cell phone conversations inside the lab. Please put all devices with ringers on silent, vibrate mode or turn them off.
- The usage of any printer paper not supplied by OCCS.
- Children in the lab area due to safety concerns.
- Severe weather warning
It may be necessary to close the lab(s) with short notice due to severe weather conditions.
- Virus warning
If you encounter any virus problems, seek immediate assistance from the consultant(s) on duty.
For questions or problems, call the Lab Manager at 757.683.3189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.